Over the last few weeks and months, airlines have cancelled flights and many have been told:
– you can have a flight voucher
-the ticket you purchased is not refundable
– terms and conditions don’t allow for it…
And no refunds!!!
Well…. Be informed. If the airline cancels a flight for any reason, you are entitled to a refund. You are also entitled for long delays.
Department of Transportation states
- Cancelled Flight – A consumer is entitled to a refund if the airline cancelled a flight, regardless of the reason, and the consumer chooses not to travel.
- Schedule Change/Significant Delay – A consumer is entitled to a refund if the airline made a significant schedule change and/or significantly delays a flight and the consumer chooses not to travel.
- DOT has not specifically defined what constitutes a “significant delay.” Whether you are entitled to a refund depends on many factors – including the length of the delay, the length of the flight, and your particular circumstances. DOT determines whether you are entitled to a refund following a significant delay on a case-by-case basis.
Stay informed.. know your rights especially if you had to rent a car and drive last week to get home!
Questions? Just ask!