15 lessons from When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi and Abraham Verghese:
- Life is fragile. We never know when our time will come, so we should make the most of every moment.
- Death is inevitable. But it doesn’t have to be feared.
- There is beauty in the midst of suffering. Even in the darkest of times, we can find moments of joy and hope.
- Love is the most important thing. It is what gives our lives meaning and purpose.
- Family and friends are our greatest support. They are there for us through thick and thin.
- It’s okay to ask for help. We don’t have to go through this journey alone.
- Don’t take life for granted. Every day is a gift.
- Live each day to the fullest. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
- Never give up on your dreams. No matter what challenges you face, keep fighting for what you want.
- Be grateful for what you have. Even in the midst of difficulty, there is always something to be thankful for.
- Find your purpose in life. What gives your life meaning?
- Make a difference in the world. Leave your mark on the world in a positive way.
- Be kind to yourself and others. We are all human and we all make mistakes.
- Don’t be afraid to take risks. The only way to grow is to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Live your life with intention. Make choices that are aligned with your values.
These are just a few of the lessons from When Breath Becomes Air. By reading this book, we can learn to live our lives more fully and meaningfully, even in the face of death.
Here are some additional lessons from the book:
- The meaning of life is not something that is given to us, but something that we create. It is up to each of us to find what gives our lives meaning.
- Our relationships with others are essential to our well-being. They provide us with love, support, and a sense of belonging.
- Death is a natural part of life. It is something that we will all experience at some point.
- We should not fear death, but rather embrace it as a part of the natural order of things.
- We should live our lives to the fullest, without regrets. We should make the most of every moment and never take anything for granted.
When Breath Becomes Air is a powerful and moving book that can teach us a lot about life, death, and the meaning of it all. It is a book that everyone should read at least once in their lifetime.
Book: When Breath Becomes Air
8 lessons from the book “Relentless” by Tim S. Grover.
“Relentless” by Tim S. Grover is a book that offers valuable lessons on achieving success and developing a relentless mindset.
1. Embrace a relentless mindset: To achieve greatness, you must adopt a relentless mindset. This means having an unwavering commitment to your goals, pushing through obstacles, and refusing to settle for mediocrity.
2. Be obsessed with your craft: Success requires an intense level of dedication and obsession with your chosen field. Develop a deep passion for what you do and strive for constant improvement. Embrace the mindset of always being a student, continuously learning and growing.
3. Embrace discomfort and adversity: Growth happens outside of your comfort zone. Embrace discomfort and seek out challenges that push your limits. Adversity is an opportunity for growth and improvement. Learn to thrive under pressure and use setbacks as fuel for success.
4. Take ownership of your results: Success is not handed to you; it is earned. Take full responsibility for your actions, decisions, and outcomes. Avoid making excuses and instead focus on finding solutions. By taking ownership, you regain control over your life and increase your chances of success.
5. Surround yourself with the right people: Your environment plays a significant role in your success. Surround yourself with individuals who challenge and inspire you. Seek out mentors and coaches who can guide you on your journey. Build a network of like-minded individuals who share your drive and ambition.
6. Develop mental toughness: Mental toughness is crucial for achieving success. Train your mind to stay focused, disciplined, and resilient. Learn to push through self-doubt, fear, and failure. Develop a strong belief in yourself and your abilities.
7. Prioritize consistency and discipline: Success is not achieved overnight; it is the result of consistent effort and discipline. Develop daily habits and routines that support your goals. Stay committed to your vision, even when motivation wanes. Consistency and discipline will help you overcome obstacles and achieve long-term success.
8. Embrace the process: Success is a journey, not a destination. Embrace the process and enjoy the journey. Set meaningful goals, break them down into actionable steps, and celebrate small victories along the way. Recognize that setbacks and failures are part of the process and use them as opportunities to learn and grow.
“Relentless” teaches us that success requires unwavering commitment, a relentless mindset, and a willingness to embrace discomfort and challenges. By adopting these principles, you can unlock your full potential and achieve extraordinary results in any area of your life.
10 practical lessons from Who Will Cry When You Die? by Robin Sharma:
1. Be present. Don’t dwell on the past or worry about the future. Focus on the present moment and enjoy the journey.
2. Live your purpose. Find your passion and pursue it with all your heart. This will give your life meaning and purpose.
3. Be kind. Be kind to yourself and to others. This will make the world a better place.
4. Forgive yourself and others. Holding on to grudges will only hurt you in the long run. Forgive yourself and others and move on.
5. Be grateful. Be grateful for the good things in your life, no matter how small. Gratitude will make you happier and more content.
6. Help others. Helping others is a great way to make a difference in the world and to feel good about yourself.
7. Take care of your body. Eat healthy, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep. This will help you to stay healthy and energetic.
8. Take care of your mind. Read, meditate, and learn new things. This will help you to grow and develop as a person.
9. Spend time with loved ones. Cherish the time you have with your loved ones. They are the ones who will cry when you die.
10. Leave a legacy. Do something that will make a lasting impact on the world. This could be anything from starting a business to writing a book to volunteering your time.
These are just a few of the practical lessons that can be learned from Who Will Cry When You Die? By following these tips, you can live a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
10 Lessons from the book “50 Things to Realize Before It’s Too Late” by Manoj Chenthamarakshan
1. Time is the most valuable currency; spend it wisely.
2. Happiness is not found in possessions, but in experiences and relationships.
3. Failure is an opportunity to learn, grow, and become better.
4. Regrets are heavy burdens; release them and focus on the present moment.
5. Authenticity is the key to living a meaningful and fulfilling life.
6. Kindness is a superpower; spread it wherever you go.
7. Success is not a destination but a journey; enjoy the process.
8. Gratitude is a game-changer; cultivate it daily.
9. Fear is an illusion; courage is the antidote.
10. You are the author of your own story; rewrite it with intention and purpose.
10 lessons from 8 1/4 Rules for Resilience:
1. Be prepared for the unexpected. Life is unpredictable, so it’s important to be prepared for anything. This means having a plan in place for unexpected events, such as a job loss, a medical emergency, or a natural disaster.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It’s okay to ask for help when you need it. In fact, it’s often the best thing to do. There are people who care about you and want to help you through difficult times.
3. Take care of your physical and mental health. When you’re healthy, you’re better able to cope with stress and adversity. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep, eating a healthy diet, and exercising regularly.
4. Build strong relationships. Strong relationships provide us with support and comfort during difficult times. Make sure you have people in your life who you can rely on.
5. Have a positive attitude. A positive attitude can go a long way in helping you overcome challenges. When you focus on the positive, it’s easier to stay motivated and keep going.
6. Learn from your mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them and not make the same mistake twice.
7. Don’t give up. No matter how difficult things get, don’t give up. Keep fighting for what you want and believe in.
8. Celebrate your successes. When you achieve a goal, take some time to celebrate your success. This will help you stay motivated and keep moving forward.
9. Be kind to yourself. It’s important to be kind to yourself, especially during difficult times. Forgive yourself for your mistakes and don’t be too hard on yourself.
10. Live in the present moment. It can be easy to get caught up in the past or the future, but it’s important to live in the present moment. This will help you appreciate the good things in your life and to make the most of every day.
I hope these lessons help you on your journey to resilience.
Happy Reading ❤️